Flex your kindness muscles this October on National Do Something Nice Day. It’s easy to become so caught up in the stressors of daily life that we forget to do our part to uplift our friends and loved ones. On October 5, remember to go out of your way to do a good deed. It feels good to do something selfless to help others, and even the simplest gesture of goodwill may create a ripple effect, causing many other people’s day to shine as well!
Here are some ideas to pay it forward:
- Put a quarter in a parking meter that is low.
- Send an uplifting letter or a drawing to a friend.
- Paint a message on rock and leave it somewhere as a gift.
- Buy someone’s coffee when you go through a drive through.
- Plant a plant that helps butterflies.
- Publicly say something nice about someone, or post it on social media.
Even the smallest things may make somebody feel much better, so spread some kindness today!